**New Yaesu radio launch 16/8/21** The new rugged FT-5DE transceiver from Yaesu!!!
Released August 2021
The new FT5DR/E is a full-featured C4FM handheld transceiver with superior operability and new sophisticated functions.
Even in a compact body (W62mm x D34mm x H100mm), the FT5DR/E provides reliable 5W RF power output and achieves loud 1W audio power that has been tuned for quality audio. Real Dual Band Operations (V+V, U+U, V+U, U+V) are available with two independent receivers. Large individual LED indicators for A band and B band present the status and communication modes (C4FM or Analog) of each band instantly. The new FT5DR/E supports simultaneous C4FM digital (C4FM/C4FM standby).
With rubber protection on the corner of the main body, the FT5DR/E has rugged and shock-resistant construction. The waterproof rating is IPX7. The comfortable size and form of the full-flat back body provides excellent grasp for the radio operator.
A high-resolution display highlights the frequency of the operational band. The color of the operating band frequency can be selected from white, blue or red. Three (3) touch panel keys and seven (7) operation keys below the display offer intuitive operability.
The new TOUCH & GO operation is convenient in order to immediately start the communications on an often-used frequency. By pressing and holding the “PMG” key, the frequency of the current display is registered into Primary Memory Group. After registration, pressing the “PMG” key will display the receive status of the registered frequencies as bars on a graph (activity monitor). By simply touching the displayed bar, the user can instantly recall that frequency. (TOUCH & GO Operation)
Band Scope function monitors in real time, up to 79 displayed channels that are centered around the current VFO frequency. The center frequency can be tuned by the dial knob or by touching and moving the frequency of a displayed channel bar.
The C4FM digital communication features which are already popular in the market, such as: Automatic Mode Select (AMS), Digital Group ID (DG-ID) operation, and Smart Navigation function are available with the new FT5DR/E. The FT5DR/E supports the WiRES-X Portable Digital Node Function as well. A portable digital node can be easily set up with the new FT5DR/E, an internet connected laptop PC, and the optional SCU-39 cable kit Plus advanced features of the new FT5DR/E are: Wireless hands-free operation using the optional Bluetooth® headset (SSM-BT10); VOX function; Memory Auto Grouping (MAG); VFO Band Skip Function; Wide-range RX coverage with continuous reception from 0.5MHz–999.99MHz (A Band) & 108MHz–580MHz (B Band); Built-in high-sensitivity 66 channel GPS receiver; 1200/9600bps APRS Data modem; 2,200mAh High-Capacity Li-ion Battery Pack (SBR-14LI) as standard; Voice Recording Function; Simultaneous AM/FM broadcast Reception while monitoring two frequency channels; Micro SD Card Slot.
– Compact Design and Reliable 5W RF Power Output (Selectable 5W / 2.5W / 1W / 0.3W)
– High Visibility Full-Color TFT Touch panel Display (*The color of the operating frequency may be selected from White, Blue or Red.)
– Dual band Simultaneous Receive (V+V / U+U / V+U / U+V) & C4FM/C4FM Standby – Advanced C4FM Digital Mode with AMS (Automatic Mode Select), DG-ID feature and Smart Navigation
– 1W (1000mW) of loud audio power with C4FM clear and crisp audio quality – Rugged Construction: Robust Rubber Protection / IPX7 Rating Water Protection
– TOUCH & GO Operation with Activity Monitor
・PMG (Primary Memory Group Activity Monitor)
・CAM (CH Activity Monitor)
– VFO Band Skip Function
– Memory Auto Grouping (MAG) Function
– High Speed Band Scope Function enables monitoring up to 79ch centered on the current VFO frequency (Selectable 79 / 39 / 19ch)
– Full-Flat back body provides excellent grasp / Quick Release Holster(SHB-26BK) Included
– Built-in 66ch High-Sensitivity GPS Receiver
– Built-in Bluetooth® unit and the VOX function support wierless and easy Hands-free operation
– WIRES-X Portable Digital Node compatible
– Dual Simultaneos AM/FM Broadcast Reception and 2-channel Monitoring
– 1200/9600bps APRS® Data Communication
– Recording Function
– Micro SD Card Slot (up to 32GB)
Supplied Accessories: Antenna 7.2 V 2,200mAh Li-ion Battery Pack (SBR-14LI) Battery Charger (SAD-25) Belt Clip (SHB-13) / Quick Release Holster (SHB-26(BK)) USB Cable Operating Manual Specifications: Frequency Ranges: A(Main) Band RX: 0.5 – 1.8MHz (AM Broadcast) 1.8 – 30MHz (SW Band) 30 – 76MHz 76 – 108MHz (FM Broadcast) 108 – 137MHz (Air Band) 137 – 174MHz (144MHz HAM) 174 – 222MHz 222 – 420MHz 420 – 470MHz (430MHz HAM) 470 – 800MHz 800 – 999.995MHz (USA Cellular Blocked) B(Sub) Band RX: 108 – 137MHz (Air Band) 137 – 174MHz (144MHz HAM) 174 – 222MHz 222 – 420MHz 420 – 470MHz (430MHz HAM) 470 – 580MHz TX: 144 – 146MHz (C4FM/FM) 430 – 440MHz (C4FM/FM) Circuit Type: NFM/AM: Double-Conversion Superheterodyne FM/AM Radio: Direct-Conversion Modulation Type: F1D, F2D, F3E, F7W RF Power Output: 5W / 2.5W / 1W / 0.3W (@ Battery pack or EXT DC) Case Size(W x H x D): 2.44″ x 3.94″ x 1.34″ (62 x 100 x 34 mm) (with SBR-14LI, w/o Knob & Antenna) Weight: 9.95oz (282 g) (with SBR-14LI and Antenna)