Changes from Version 1.12
[Spectrum scope is improved]
-A Scroll mode that can seamlessly change the displaying scope range, depending on the operating frequency, is added.
– A popup screen that displays when SPAN or EDGE change is added.
– The number of FIX EDGE memories is expanded to 4.
[Preset function is added for FT8 operation]
-A Preset function that can set each operation is added.
NOTE: The default settings for the Preset function are for FT8 operation. If your digital software does not support the IC-705, change to an Icom transceiver’s CI-V address that the software supports.
For example, when selecting the IC-9700 in the software, set the CI-V address in the IC-705 to A2, which is the IC-9700’s CI-V address.
[The AH-705 automatic antenna tuner can be used]
-An antenna tuner selecting item is added in the Set mode.
– A Tune Memory setting and a Tune Memory Clear functions are added.
-When [TUNER] on the FUNCTION screen is touched, tuning starts.
-A WLAN Access Point mode is added.
-A Front Key Customization function that can change the function of [VOX/BK-IN] and [AUTOTUNE/RX>CS] is added.
-[TUNER] is added to the Remote MIC key function.
– You can set 2 voice memories (T1 and T2) and 2 keyer memories (M1 and M2) in IC-705 firmware Version 1.12.
In firmware Version 1.2, the number of Voice memories, Keyer memories, and RTTY memories is increased to 4 in each mode.
Each bank of memories is automatically selected, according to the operating mode. For example, when operating in the SSB mode, the Voice memory bank is automatically selected.
– The «ddd.dddd˚» format is added for the Latitude/Longitude display.
– While operating in the Data mode, the receive tone control is deactivated.
-A menu item that can return to the normal mode is added to the QUICK MENU of Terminal Mode and Access Point Mode.
– Improves the saving of the Battery Pack Confirmation setting.
NOTE: When the firmware is updated, the battery pack selection returns to the default setting (OFF).
Refer to INFORMATION IC-705 Version 1.20 for details.
The compatible programming software for firmware update Version 1.20 can be downloaded here.
The Scroll mode for the RS-BA1 Version 2 software will be added to Version 2.30.