The openSPOT4 is our latest battery powered, portable, standalone digital radio internet gateway (hotspot) designed mainly for amateur radio use. You can talk with others on digital radio networks by using an openSPOT4, Wi-Fi internet access, and your digital transceiver.
The openSPOT4 will be available for purchase on May 26th, 2022. Special launch price will be €249.
The openSPOT4 Pro extends the feature set of the openSPOT4 with onboard transcoding hardware:
- The openSPOT4 Pro has the best voice quality in cross mode operation
- Supports D-STAR® cross modes: use your D-STAR® transceiver to access DMR, C4FM, NXDN® networks, or your DMR, C4FM, NXDN® transceiver to access D-STAR® networks
- Supports call audio playback on the web interface
The openSPOT4 Pro will be available for purchase on May 26th, 2022. Special launch price will be €319.
Compatible digital radio protocols and networks
- DMR (BrandMeister, DMRplus, DMR-MARC, Phoenix, XLX, TGIF and others)
- D-STAR® (DCS, REF/DPlus, XRF/DExtra, XLX)
- System Fusion®/C4FM (FCS, YSFReflector, XLX)
- NXDN® (NXDNReflector)
- P25 (P25Reflector)
- POCSAG (DAPNET)
- APRS® messaging and location data forwarding (APRS-IS)
Supports cross modes* (example: talk with your D-STAR® transceiver on DMR, and with your DMR transceiver on D-STAR® networks).
See the product specifications here.
Beer and transceiver are not included in the box.
- Built-in Li-ion battery with up to 30 hours of operation
- Built-in transcoding hardware* for the best voice quality in cross mode operation
- Built-in Wi-Fi and radio antenna
- Built-in beeper with audible status tones
- Web-based easy and fast Quick Setup
- Call audio playback on the web interface*
- No additional hardware required, works out of the box without a computer
- USB-C charge cable included in the box
- Use even in your vehicle with extreme fast bootup and USB power supply tolerance
- User manual available online
- 2 year warranty** with official support in email / community forum
- Web interface for configuration and monitoring
- Create your own private radio network using our open source server application
* Hardware transcoding and call audio playback on the web interface is only available in the openSPOT4 Pro. The list of openSPOT4 and openSPOT4 Pro cross modes can be found here.
** The battery and the USB-C charger cable have only one year long warranty period (70% battery end of warranty capacity).
- Learn more
- Product specifications
- User manual
- UDP API documentation
- SharkRF IP Connector Protocol Server
- Firmware changelog